In an area formerly used as a cemetery, facing the present churchyard, a chapel was built from about 1520 to 1526 in honour of Saint Rocco, invoked to protect from the plague, which at that time afflicted the Upper Valley. This is a room with an altar, closed on three sides, and a portico with arches on the sides and front. This system of arcades generates a cross vault inside the portico and is surmounted by a gabled roof. In the 17th century, the side arches were partly closed, leaving only semi-circular windows to provide shelter from the weather. The arches were later definitively closed. In the years following the construction, the frescoes inside the church were painted.