The present church was consecrated in 1737 on the ruins of an old 15th-century church. At the beginning of the 20th century, the building was extended by one bay and the façade was rebuilt. The interior has typical Baroque decoration, with 18th century frescoes by an unknown artist with subjects related to the exaltation of the Virgin.
There are two valuable canvases by Carlo Ceresa: a St Anthony of Padua, protector of the Bergamo area and here represented with the cassock and patch of the Capuchin friars, and a Guardian Angel accompanying a child.
The painting at the altar of Our Lady of the Rosary is a Madonna with St Dominic and St Catherine (1610), by Francesco Zucco, one of Bergamo's best-known 17th-century painters.