In Peghera Church there is an important polyptych, known as "St. James Pala", made by Palma il Vecchio. After a long restoration it has been brought back to light of 1515, year in which it was probably built.
Now it is in the apse basin. It is a seven-compartment polyptych depicting St. James with St. Roch and St. Sebastian on either side, who were invoked against plagues. In the second order appears the deposed Christ, held by an angel, and St. Ambrose and St. Anthony Abbot while Eternal Father appears at the top.
The church is located in a panoramic position above the village and the surrounding mountains.